July 1, 2021
The Meadows Building Receives 2021 Preservation Achievement Award
The Meadows Building is one of the best examples of mid-century architecture and the first high-rise constructed outside of downtown Dallas. When Glenstar acquired the property in 2015, the building had suffered from years of improper maintenance and detrimental modifications. Preservation work included removing, restoring and reinstalling the Georgia pink marble flanking the building facade. The second floor balcony, removed in 1984, was reconstructed to match the original 1955 design. The original decorative roof on the Annex Building was reinterpreted to duplicate the original colorful design. The building’s insular plaza, added in 1984, that separated the Meadows Building from the rest of the campus was regraded to create a unifying central space for the campus, while complimenting the building’s mid-century style.