Seven Deals Signed At Continental Towers In Rolling Meadows
Seven months after acquiring one of the largest suburban Chicago office complexes, GlenStar Properties LLC and its institutional capital partner are pleased to announce the completion of seven deals totaling 67,721 square feet at Continental Towers in Rolling Meadows.
- In the largest of the leases, Ceannate Corp expanded by almost 50% at the property, taking an additional 23,682 square feet to bring its total office space at the complex to 74,340 square feet. Craig Cassell and Jay Stewart with Cushman & Wakefield represented the tenant.
- Rational USA, developers of professional cooking appliances for large and commercial kitchens, signed a lease for 18,384 square feet and will move from its current Schaumburg location at the end of this month. Dominic Carbonari and Jim Rose with Jones Lang LaSalle represented Rational USA in the transaction.
- United Chemi-Con signed on for 12,002 square feet. The company is moving from 9801 Higgins Road in Rosemont where it had the same amount of space. Studley’s Joe Arnstein represented the manufacturer and supplier of aluminum electrolytic capacitors in the transaction.
- Chicago Title took an additional 1,245 square feet – bringing its total office space at the complex to 7,646 square feet – before extending its long-term lease. Jean Bottiani Thompson with Orion Realty Group and Bill Main with CBIZ Gibraltar Real Estate arranged the deal on behalf of Chicago Title.
- GreatStreet Realty Partners renewed its 3,406-square-foot lease.
- Zhone Technologies, providers of telecommunications networking equipment, signed on for 1,435 square feet of space for its new, Midwest sales office. Podolsky Circle Corfac’s John Homsher arranged the lease.
- Biotrition renewed its lease for 1,166 square feet.
Continental Towers is a 911,341-square-foot, three-tower office complex centered around an amenity rich concourse whose tenants include a health club, dining and retail amenities. The buildings sit on a 34-acre corporate campus that provides tenants with unobstructed views in all directions, easy access to the Woodfield Retail Corridor and high visibility along I-90.
Since its acquisition in June 2013, GlenStar has embarked on an $8 million capital campaign in order to upgrade and reposition the asset alongside its competitive set.
Over the past decade, GlenStar Properties has built an impressive portfolio of high-profile properties and developed office, retail, residential and medical-building assets throughout the Chicago area. Today the firm owns 5.1 million square feet of premier office space in the metropolitan Chicago area including the Chicago Board of Trade, 55 East Monroe and 2400 Cabot Drive.